Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Restoration Software

Desolation. Revelation. Restoration.

It happens.

I've often heard that you are either in a storm, coming out of one, or heading straight in to one. I believe it. Sometimes life hands you a solid slice of Clubber Lang from Rocky III and the best anyone can tell you is "Life's tough. Get a helmet."

You know what? That sucks. 

I don't think it should end there. Jesus came to seek and save the lost, offering us a hope and a future.  Have you ever really felt that before? I mean really in such a way that gives you peace even though life just doesn't seem to be on your team? This world is heavily void of the encouragement and love that Christ calls us to in 1 Thessalonians 5:

"Gently encourage the stragglers, and reach out for the exhausted, pulling them to their feet."

This blog is meant to be a place of rest. When you're exhausted and feel like you've been completely kicked to the curb, the answer isn't to pretend that feeling isn't there. Similarly, when you drop something, your first instinct isn't to pretend like it isn't there anymore (unless it's finals week because that trance that happens once every semester is inexplicable). Your first reaction should be to acknowledge what happened (I dropped my glass), determine a solution (I will sweep up the pieces), and move forward. If not, you just end up confused and more hurt because you're stepping on broken glass you "forgot" was there. You want to know how to completely lose yourself? Keep dropping and ignoring the pieces until you've got nothing left but broken glass to give.

That's what I did. But not anymore. Restoration Software is my journey to and through healing.

This is me reaching out to you in love and in truth. I don't know if anyone will really ever read it or take what I have to say to heart, but what I do know is that there is nothing more freeing than understanding who you are, right now.

So, before you leave, I'd like to remind you of a few truths about you:

- You have been created by a Creator that wants to be with you every second of every day.
He loves you.

- Life is tough, but so are you through Christ Jesus (and only Him; don't get crazy) who strengthens you (Phil. 4:13).

- You were meant to feel things like exhaustion, anger, and hurt so that you could feel rested, joyful, and restored. God created you that way.

And just so you know a little more about who you're reading, here are a few truths about myself:

- I'm about Jesus and loving people and second chances.

- I'm about family.

- I'm about Boy Meets World. "They want you to take the rolls!"

- I'm about random roommates becoming best friends.

- I'm not about alliteration.

- I'm about Nashville and the South and sweet tea.

- I'm about the Florida Gators.

- I'm not about people that interrupt in that "Help yourself to the middle of my sentence" kind of way.

- I'm about sweaters in December and shorts in July.

And I'm about reaching people that need Jesus because you are too created, too remarkable, and too legit to quit.


Like what you're reading? Follow me on Twitter @smashley355 

No comments:

Post a Comment